We pay particular attention to respecting our site user’s privacy and to complying with the legal provisions in place.
This personal data protection policy allows you to better understand the principles of the collection, processing, and protection of personal data that we apply, as required by the laws on data protection in force and, in particular, the European General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation 2016/679, called "GDPR").
The Uriage Dermatological Laboratories whose registered office is located at 40-52, Boulevard du Parc, 92200 Neuilly sur Seine, France are responsible for processing personal data for the www.uriage.com website.
What personal data do we collect?
We consider all information that directly or indirectly identifies you to be "personal data".
We may primarily collect the following personal data:
- identity data: such as last name, first name, age, e-mail address
- skin profile data: such as skin type, skincare concerns, environment, skin sensitivity, etc.
- data related to the follow-up of our commercial relationship, in particular communication preferences (newsletter), history of your requests or your correspondence with our customer service
- product-related data: collection of product reviews and ratings
- job application data for our HR department: message, curriculum vitae, cover letter
- technical data, such as your IP address or browsing information about your device, your browsing preferences
- other data you provide in connection with a request to one of our services
When do we collect your personal data?
We collect personal data from you when:
- you visit our site
- give us feedback on a product
- you subscribe to our newsletters
- you complete a skin diagnosis (body, suncare, baby, facial products)
- you take part in special operations, in particular contests, product tests
- you submit an unsolicited application via our contact form
- you request a partnership with our brand
- you contact us, in particular when you make a request or a complaint to our customer service, when you give your opinion on our products and/or services.
What is the legal basis for our processing of personal data?
The personal data processing that we carry out within the framework of our activity can have several legal bases:
- Legitimate interest: we need to collect your personal data to get to know you better in order to provide you with personalized offers and services, ensure the security of our site, improve our content, etc.
- Execution of a contract: the collection of your data is necessary when you subscribe to one of our online services.
- Your consent: in some cases, the law requires your consent to collect or use your data. This is the case, for example, when we collect data relating to your skin profile or your household in order to recommend appropriate products, or when we wish to send you commercial solicitations (news, promotional offers, contests, etc.) by e-mail.
- Legal obligations when the legislation in force requires the processing of data.
Why is your personal data collected?
We collect your personal data for the above-mentioned legal purposes.
Main purposes are as follows:
- Communicate with you: to manage your requests, your complaints, etc.
- Manage your participation in promotional events
- Website’s administration, statistical analysis and improvement of the quality of service
- Customer relationship management (CRM), in particular to get to know you better and to communicate personalized information about our products and services (in particular, by e-mail, on social networks or any other medium)
- Provide product recommendations in the context of skin diagnostics
- Process your requests and complaints about our products and/or services
- Process your job applications
- Process your partnership requests
- Manage product reviews
- Manage our website, its security, and fight against fraud
- Analyze and anticipate the market in order to adapt our products and services to best meet your needs
- If necessary, detect and prevent fraud
- Manage your requests (samples, advice, promotional operations, complaints, right of access, rectification, opposition, etc.)
With whom do we share your personal data?
We never sell, rent, or transfer your personal data to other companies for commercial prospecting purposes. Your data is confidential.
It may be transmitted to service providers and subcontractors chosen for their expertise and reliability who act on our behalf and according to our instructions, in particular to provide you with services such as: carrying out technical maintenance and development operations, processing requests, complaints, applications, communication for promotional purposes, etc.
Each service provider or subcontractor:
- Receives only the personal data necessary for the purposes for which they are responsible
- Must not use this data for any other reasons whatsoever
If we sell a business or assets, we may share your personal data with the potential purchaser of that business or assets. If the Uriage Dermatological Laboratories or any part of its assets are acquired by a third party, the personal data held about its customers and related to these assets is one of the transferred properties. In the latter case, the acquirer who will act as the new data controller will process your data and its data protection policy will govern the processing of your personal data.
Finally, we may transfer your personal data to local authorities, if required by law or in the context of an investigation and in accordance with applicable regulations.
How do we protect your personal data?
The Uriage Dermatological Laboratories implements appropriate technical and organizational measures, regarding the nature of the data and the risks involved in processing it, to preserve the security and confidentiality of your personal data and, in particular, to prevent it from being distorted, damaged, or accessed by unauthorized third parties.
These measures may include, but are not limited to, practices such as limited access to data by personnel in departments authorized to access the data by virtue of their position, contractual guarantees when using an external service provider, privacy impact assessments, regular reviews of our privacy practices and policies, and/or physical and/or logical security measures (e.g., secure access, authentication procedures, backups, anti-virus software, firewalls, etc.).
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal data in our possession or control has been or may have been compromised, we will notify you in accordance with legal requirements and procedures prescribed by law.
What is our policy regarding minors?
Our website is designed and intended for the general public. It is intended for people who are at least 18 years old. We do not voluntarily request or collect personal data from persons under the age of 18.
If we become aware of or suspect that we have collected personal data from a minor, we will take appropriate steps to contact the individual and, if necessary, delete the personal data from our servers and/or those of our service providers. We may use your personal data to conduct age checks and enforce our age rules.
If you are not 18 years of age or older, please do not submit a review, perform a health assessment or contact our services. Have an adult, your guardian or legal representative take the necessary steps.
How long do you keep your personal data?
As a general rule:
- Unless you object or request deletion, prospective customers/clients' data is kept for a period of three years from the date of collection, the last contact or the end of the business relationship. At the end of this three-year period, we may contact you again to see if you wish to continue receiving commercial solicitations. In the absence of a positive and explicit response from you, the data concerning you will be deleted or archived in accordance with the provisions in force
- Product reviews are published on our website and are therefore kept for the publication duration. The authors are anonymized after 3 years.
- Applications are kept on our server for a period of 6 months and by our services for a period of 2 years
- Data relating to identity documents are kept for 1 year in the event of exercising access right, rectification, limitation, deletion or portability and three years in the event of exercising the right of opposition
- The data allowing to establish the proof of a right or a contract, or preserved under the respect of a legal obligation are archived in accordance with the provisions in place
What are your rights concerning your personal data and how to exercise them?
In accordance with the applicable regulations, you have the right to access, rectify, delete, and transfer your personal data, as well as the right to oppose and limit the processing. You may withdraw your consent at any time. You may also provide guidelines concerning conservation, deletion and communication of your personal data after your death.
To exercise these rights, you must send us a request accompanied by a copy of your identification document bearing your signature:
Laboratoires Dermatologiques d’Uriage
40-52, Boulevard du Parc
92200 Neuilly sur Seine
We will inform you of the measures taken in response to your request as soon as possible.
In accordance with applicable regulations, you may also file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority responsible for data protection or seek legal redress if your data is misused.
Laboratoires Dermatologiques d’Uriage
Direction Juridique / Délégué à la Protection des Données
40-52, Boulevard du Parc
92200 Neuilly sur Seine
What are cookies used for?
Cookies are files that a website stores on your browser, as you navigate, to automatically collect information in order to, among other reasons, identify you on your second visit to facilitate navigation, to gather statistical information and/or remember your preferences and browsing habits. Cookies also provide you with a unique and personalized experience.
Cookies do not compromise the security of the website.
What types of cookies are used on Uriage.fr?
Strictly necessary cookies
Strictly necessary cookies allow us to:
- Recognize you and automatically connect you via the memorization of your personal information filled in our website forms (registration or access to your account) or to products, services or information that you have chosen.
- To remember the selected items in your shopping cart until your payment is confirmed.
- To customize our website presentation to your device's display preferences (screen resolution, operating system used, etc.).
- To allow you to have access to reserved and personal areas of our website, thanks to your log-in information.
These cookies allow us to accurately count visits and traffic sources in order to measure and improve our website performance. They help us to know which pages are most and least visited and to see how visitors navigate the website. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not have information about your visit, and we will not be able to track performance.
We also have a "Sales tracker" cookie that is associated with our newsletter sending tool. It allows us to analyze your buying behavior after receiving your newsletter.
Google, Google Analytics, Google Marketing Platform, DoubleClick, YouTube
These cookies are used to display ads that are more relevant to your profile and interests. They can also be used to personalize and therefore limit the number of times an ad is shown to you. They also enable us to measure the efficacy of advertising campaigns. These cookies are generally placed on our website by our advertising partners. If you do not allow these cookies, you will continue to see ads on our partners' sites, but the ads will not be personalized.
You will be able to configure your cookie preference at any time: allow, restrict, or disallow by changing your browser settings.
Consent to the deposit of cookies
This agreement is valid for a period of 13 months from the date of the first deposit on your device.
Refusal of cookies
When you restrict or prohibit cookies on your browser, your access conditions to certain services on the uriage.fr website may be modified.
If you wish to restrict or block all cookies deposited by our website or by other websites/applications, you can block them by going to your browser settings. The Help function will show you how to do this:
- For Chrome: Learn more
- For Internet Explorer: Learn more
- For Firefox: Learn more
- For Safari: Learn mor